This post has been viewed 1351 times
COMMUNITY RESOURCE ASSISTANCE
Email to a Friend
Posted on Thu, Jan 7, 2010
Home Energy Assistance Program
The Missouri Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) has two components: Energy Assistance/Regular Heating (EA) and Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP). EA is designed to provide financial assistance to help pay heating bills for Missourians during the months of October, November, December, January, February, and March. Eligibility requirements for EA are based on income, family size, available resources and responsibility for payment of home heating costs. Eligibility for EA may also qualify individuals for additional financial assistance through ECIP and/or weatherization services funded by LIHEAP.
*HEAT UP ST. LOUIS HAS MONEY AVAILABLE FOR ASSISTANCE CALL (314) 241-7668
Northeast Gateway Center
935 N. Vandeventer Ave. (63108)
Service Area: 63101, 63102, 63103, 63106, 63107, & 63108
North Side Gateway Center
4548 Dr. Martin Luther King Dr.(63113)
Service Area: 63112, 63113, 63115, 63120, & 63147
South Side Gateway Center
6827 S. Broadway (63111)
Service Area: 63104, 63109, 63110, 63111, 63116, 63118, & 63139
Wellston N.W. Gateway Center
6356 Dr. Martin Luther King Dr. (63133)
Service Area: Portions of 63133, 63136, & 63112
AmerenUE's Clean Slate Program
Clean Slate is a UE initiative that allows eligible UE electric and natural gas customers to eliminate past due bills and get a fresh start in handling their utility payments.
To receive funding, customers must apply at participating Clean Slate agencies that will determine criteria for recipients.
Call UE at 800.552.7583, choose option "4" then "2" and enter your ZIP Code when prompted.
Now phone service is even more affordable
Because phone service is so important in today's world, AT&T believes everyone should have access to it. AT&T Missouri offers two discounted telephone service plans to make basic phone service even more affordable for qualified customers.
To qualify, a household must participate in one of the following:
Eligibility for Lifeline
- Food Stamps
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Plan (LIHEAP)
- Section 8 Federal Housing
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- National School Lunch - Free Lunch Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Eligibility for the Disabled Plan
- Federal Social Security Disability
- Veterans Administration Disability Benefits
- State Blind Pension
- State Aid to Blind Persons
- State Supplemental Disability Assistance Payments
If qualified, Lifeline Missouri customers receive the following benefits:
- Discount on line connection: 50% *
- Monthly discount on basic service of $3.50 for disabled plan customers and over $12.00 for Lifeline customers**
- Waiver of deposit for local service
- Optional toll restriction at no charge*
- Optional blocking of 900/976 numbers
- Additional lines allowed
- Optional services available (e.g., Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.)
- Optional blocking of pay-per-use (e.g. 3-Way Calling, etc.)
Call 1-800-288-2020 to sign up for Lifeline Missouri today.